Friday, March 23, 2007

recent events

we just celebrated our second anniversary of adoption day yesterday! on tuesday i took cupcakes to school and read an adoption story to each of the kid's classes.

kids start karate class tomorrow.
my son has to wear a cup and both kids have to wear a mouthpiece.

i was so proud of my daughter. when i was signing them up they got the mouthpieces and immediately wanted to rip them open from the plastic bag they were in. the woman told them not to open them because there were directions for their mom and dad about how to fit the mouthpiece to them. my daughter looks up and says, "we don't have a mom." and there's a pause as the woman's looking at her and she adds, "we have two dads." the woman doesn't miss a beat and says, "well, your two dads will need those directions then."

i know she's had to tell kids at school about her two dads but this was the first time i witnessed it.

that same night i was brushing her teeth and she was trying to talk to me. i told her not to talk while i brushed her teeth. when i was done she asked if she could tell me something. i told her she could and she asked if i knew she was "giving me her tension." i asked her to repeat herself and she said, "i was giving you my tension." i asked if she meant that she was giving me her "attention." she said, "yes my tension, like a soldier." she then stood up straight and saluted me!

No comments: